Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation Post #8....North to Powell, Wyoming

On Friday, June 25th we departed from Casper around noon and headed 4 hours north to Powell, Wyoming. This part of our trip really was the motivation for our trip out west since I wanted to be in Powell for my 20 year class reunion from Powell High School.

Some family friends graciously agreed to allow us to stay at their house so that we wouldn't have to pay for yet another hotel room. Mom and Dad and cousin Lindsay also came along to babysit the kids for us so that we could enjoy the reunion.

We arrived at the Moeller's house around 4:30 and the kids enjoyed running around the spacious property.
Here was the beautiful view looking to the west from their house.
There were bunnies everywhere. The kids enjoyed looking for them and then trying to catch them.
And cactus....Matt took the kids to explore and found this....NO TOUCH!
Madison and Jason enjoy a little time with their dog...obviously very tame.
Just before dinner Ray and Cheri Beiber came out to say hello. Ray was my swim coach for the four years I was in high school...it's still hard for me to call him Ray....he'll always be Coach Beiber. What great memories.
Matt and I right before leaving to go to the class "mixer"....nervous and excited all at the same time.
We spent the evening at a local bar visiting with my classmates and on Saturday we had a class picnic, complete with kids. Here is a picture of my friend Mindy and her boys.
And my friend Sarah and I. Mindy, Sarah, and I were quite the trio my junior year. I had not seen Sarah in over 19 years. It was a great time to catch up.
That afternoon we took the kids to the new aquatic center in Powell....wow what an improvement over the swimming pool I used to compete in! The kids had a blast....well except for Carson who was a little under the weather.
Madison having a blast.
And a short video clip capturing the fun of the slide.

No comments: