Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation Post #2....Time in Dayton, Ohio

I rolled out of bed at 6:30am and was able to sneak out of the room and down to breakfast by myself. I returned to find everyone still sleeping. Here's a nice picture of the boys sharing a queen size bed.
After a nice buffet breakfast we headed across the street to the Air Force Museum...a free museum that is filled with hundreds of aircraft and lots of history. Our hotel was literally across the street. Here is a picture of our hotel taken from the AF museum.


The 3 kids pose for a quick picture in front of one of the many aircraft.

There were a few fighter jets that you could actually climb in....so we all took a try.

Carson is loving every minute of it.

And Madison.

A view from the outside....the 3 large hangers that house all the aircraft.

Spending a few minutes in the heat at the outdoor playground.

A family pose taken by a nice passerby.

After a few hours at the museum we drove to Huber Heights, the neighborhood I grew up in from 1st thru 5th grade. We took a drive down Pepper Drive to drive by our old house.

Later that afternoon we met up with my long time friend Jen whom I've known since I was six. We spent a little time at her place before heading to her husband's new restaurant (not yet open) and then we went to their neighborhood pool where the kids really enjoyed their time and the adults had some time to talk. Much to my shame I never got a picture of Jen and her family while we were there.

Madison spending time in the big pool.

Jason and Carson playing in the baby pool.

But the "baby" pool didn't stop Carson from having lots of good "dives." This video may not work...I'm working on the problem.


No comments: