Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Madison Turns Three!

We arrived home from South Carolina on Madison's birthday. Grammy's presents awaited her.
Here she poses with her presents in her new outfit from Grammy.

Tearing into the packages...

A doctors kit...

And princess dress-ups....of course Carson had to dress up too....eventually he'll learn that this is a girlie activity!
She is turning into such a little lady. She is just over 30 pounds and 37 inches. She is very polite (most of the time) and loves to be a little mother to the boys...telling them what to do and where to go! She is completely potty trained but still holds onto her pacifier at bedtimes. Even trying to bribe her with gum hasn't worked. She loves to sing, dance, and draw. She's become uninterested in going to children's ministry at bible study or on Sunday mornings and it's become quite a tear-filled battle. As soon as I tell her it's Sunday, she says "I don't want to go to class, I want to worship Jesus" (meaning she wants to go to the big service). Now how do I argue with that!

Some of her latest quotables:
Whenever she does something unusual (posing, jumping, etc) she says to me, "look, mommy, I do that all the time."

Today after dropping Sam off at school, I was telling the kids that we were going home to have breakfast. I said "it's eggs and toast day, do you want scrambled with cheese or dippy eggs, Madison?" She replies, "no, I want cereal." I reply, "no, we had cereal yesterday, today it's eggs and toast." She replies, "I want muffins." I say "no, it's eggs and toast today." She replies, "We'll just have waffles." (now speaking for everyone in the car) I reply, "no, it's eggs and toast today." After a long pause she says, "I guess I'll have dippy."

No comments: