Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School 2013-2014

So this year the first day of school for my kids just happens to be my birthday!  So there was no sleeping in or no breakfast in bed as a birthday present for me!  Matt was off to work at 5am to be very busy his first day of school as bus route supervisor...making sure everything runs smoothly in transportation.  I wanted to make the kids a special, out of the ordinary, breakfast for their first day, and it was a blessing for me too! Yum, yum...fruit, muffin, and bacon!  The kids enjoyed singing happy birthday to me with a candle in my muffin!

All ready to go...Jason, kindergarten, Mr. Harrigan's class; Carson, first grade, Mrs. Gonzalez's class; Madison, second grade, Mr. Betten's class!
They were so excited to get their backpacks on and head out the door!

Their backpacks of choice...angry birds, Batman, and girly hearts and butterflies.

Jackson trying to get in on the picture.

Jason...excited to be going to kindergarten.
 Carson, first grade. Too cool for school.
 Madison, the old pro...second grader.

Silly faces on the first day.

Eagerly waiting for the bus...concerned that that little girl on the left might not make it through the day!

No comments: