Friday, August 9, 2013

Atlantic Beach Vacation...Riding the Waves

The water was perfect temperature for playing in the waves.  It's been a long time since I've been in the ocean past my waist as typically it's too cold for me but this time I enjoyed the water as much as the kids! We brought a small boogie board with us but it became very clear very quickly that we needed more boards and bigger boards so we bought one and rented another while we were there.  Madison spent a lot of time out in the waves, fighting the current, and waiting for the right wave to ride in to shore. She said her legs were tired and I don't doubt they were!  Most of these pictures speak for themselves....not many captions needed!

The serious surfer!


Fortunately Jackson was not as brave when it came to the ocean as he was in the pool.  He stayed close to shore and didn't get fully wet unless we were taking him in for a dunking to remove all the sand that covered him from head to toe!

I love the pictures that I was able to get of them on their way out to the waves....they look like little professionals!



The pure joy they found when riding the waves in!





Many times Carson was able to ride the waves in all the way to the shore due to him being so light.

No comments: