Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jackson...Coming Home

On January 6th, after 3 nights in the hospital, we decided it was time to go home. This was my longest stay in the hospital out of all my kids but I knew that coming home was going to be somewhat chaotic so I was happy to let our insurance company pay for an extra night in the hospital. My recovery was going very well as far as the c-section goes, but I was having a horrible reaction to the tape they used in the OR which meant that I was taking benadryl and a steriod to try and control the itching.

A few pictures of Jackson as we waited patiently to be discharged!
First time in his carseat.
Meanwhile the kids were at home patiently waiting for us to arrive. I suspect they weren't sitting this still for more than a few seconds.
Matt and I pull up to our house and find a massive card display in the front yard. Matt had decided to have a "Card in the Yard" display done in the front yard welcoming us home.
Carson is very happy to be the first to hold Jackson.
Then Jason.
And finally Madison.
Even Daddy gets a turn...after Jackson soils his first outfit.
New clothes=happy baby.
All the kids needed to hold him one last time before heading to bed that evening.

No comments: