Monday, June 2, 2008

Funny Things They Do And Say

There have been a few cute things that Madison and Carson have done or said that I have to write about as a way for me to remember when they get older. Here are some of the latest:

It has become an almost daily ritual that we take a walk sometime in the morning. Jason and Carson ride in the double stroller and Madison pushes her baby in her baby stroller. She is so used to our walk that she usually leads the way making all the correct turns and stopping at all streets! A while back I came across a house for sale in our neighborhood and noticed that there were some flyers listing the price. I was curious what it was selling for so I stopped, locked the stoller in place as we were on a little hill, walked over to the flyers, took a look (perhaps even talking to myself outloud--"$599,000--wow"), then walked back to the stroller to resume our walk, all the time while Madison was watching me. Now it is her ritual to stop at this particular house on every walk, lock her stroller in place (it doesn't really lock but she steps on the back wheels pretending to secure it), walk up to the sign, babble a little as she looks at the flyers and then walk back to her stroller to resume our walk. It is so funny--it makes me laugh every time and it makes me aware of how she is learing everything by watching what we do!

Now on to Carson. A few days ago Madison said she wanted to go and sit on the potty. I was busy with Jason so Matt took off her diaper and put her over the gate into the bathroom. Within a few moments Carson was over to the basket of books. He picked one up and carried it to the bathroom to give to Madison. She had never asked for one. I guess he, like Madison, pays close attention to my every move because I usually give Madison a few books when she's sitting on the potty to keep her there for a while!

Now back to a quotable quote from Madison. "No bye,bye Mommy?" This is the phrase she uses every time I mention that someone is coming over or that we are going to someone's house. She says it with a look of concern as to make sure that when someone comes over Mommy doesn't leave as it has been the case before, or there have been a number of times when I take her to someone's house so I can run an errand or attend a meeting. Recently I've been talking about our upcoming trip to Grammy and Grandpa's house and everytime she looks at me and says "No bye-bye Mommy?" and I assure her that I am going with her and will not leave her there!

No comments: